Disclaimer: I am not, I repeat, NOT. a morning person. I’ll do pretty much anything to snooze a few extra minutes, like no joke will tell Siri to set an alarm for two minutes (about five times) before I get up. I then do as little as possible to get ready before heading out the door. My mascara is the one thing I can’t leave without putting on, so the first time I saw someone with lash extensions, I was immediately intrigued.
The thought of saving the five minutes I spend on mascara every morning was basically enough to sell me, but I never took the plunge into the eyelash extension addiction pool until I was contacted by Kelsey of Neverland Tampa about a collaboration. Sign me up!
Neverland Tampa is the cutest little boutique in South Tampa, and they have everything from eyelash cleanser to apparel and gifts! Kelsey was super informative throughout the entire process, and even gave me a cute “eyelash care” card before I left. Eyelash extensions last up to four weeks when properly cared for, and they are individually glued to each of your natural lashes so they shed naturally as your lashes shed. Even when you look up close at them, you seriously cannot tell where the extensions are in place!
Here are just a few reasons why I’m obsessed:
- Lash Extensions are completely customizable to your preferences. Since each lash is applied to one of your individual eyelashes, there is a lot of room for customizing. Neverland offers classic, mixed and volume lash styles, and you can choose whether they curl, fan out at the edges, and the length.
- It’s relaxing AND painless. You virtually don’t get to open your eyes for the two hours it takes to apply the lashes, so you can lay and take a little snooze or chat with your stylist (I went with the latter because Kelsey is awesome!) and once they are done, you cannot feel them at all!
- They save you SO much time in the morning. With lash extensions, you completely eliminate having to wear mascara on your top lashes. This saves so much time and effort every day, let me tell you! Particularly in the morning when you’re extra clumsy and smudge all over your eyelids, or accidentally sneeze and cause instant raccoon eyes – also known as the worst thing to ever happen to any girl’s morning.
- You actually can wear mascara with them if you’d like. This is something I would only do if I were going out or if it were a special occasion and I wanted a little *extra* volume, just because I feel like removing mascara every night would really take a toll on how long the lashes last. Just make sure to use WATER-based mascara! Here’s a great list of water-based mascaras specifically recommended for lash extensions on Fashionlady!
- They look awesome, with zero effort. What more could you ask for?
A few words of caution:
- Be careful when you’re wiping/itching your eyes, especially the first few days while you’re still getting used to your lashes. You don’t want to accidentally lose a few for that random eye itch.
- Use a (super soft) towel sparingly when drying your face. I noticed that the regular bath towel I use to dry my face after washing it or after the shower can tug on the lash extensions and pull them out. Use extra care not to touch the towel to your lashes.
- You aren’t allowed to get your lashes wet for at least 24 hours. This includes showering, sweating, swimming, etc. so make sure to plan your day/workout accordingly!
So if you’re in the Tampa Bay Area and need some fun new lashes in your life, check out Neverland Tampa (their IG is @neverlandtampa)! If you have any questions or want to share your lash experience, I’d love to hear in the comments below!